The European Union applies restrictive measures in pursuit of specific objectives in the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) framework, in accordance with the Treaty on European Union (Art. 11).
There is detailed information available on:
1) newly adopted EU legal acts imposing sanctions on third countries, entities and individuals;
2) the current restrictive measures under the EU CFSP;
3) a consolidated list with the names and identity information of all persons, groups and entities in respect of which financial restrictions apply;
4) information on EU sanctions policy; and
5) frequently asked questions about EU restrictive measures,
at the following Internet addresses of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria and the European External Action Service:
Regarding doing business with Iran, the European Commission has set up an information platform – “Helpdesk Due Diligence on EU sanctions”, which aims to facilitate cooperation and trade relations with Iran to the extent permitted.
The platform may be accessed at the following link: https://sanctions-helpdesk.eu/.