At a session held on August 31, 2005, the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC) adopted the following Resolutions:
1. The Commission imposed a temporary prohibition on a tender offer submitted by Terra Tour Service EOOD for the purchase of shares of Eztour JSC from the company’s other shareholders through the Investment Intermediary Karoll JSC Financial House.
2. The Commission entered Sturgeon AquaFarms Bulgaria, LLC. as a public company into the FSC’s Registry. The Commission also entered an issue of shares, which issue is a result of increase in the company’s capital from BGN 1,000,000 to BGN 1,716,330 through issuance of new 71,633 pieces of shares, each having a nominal value of BGN 10.
3. The Commission entered into the Public Registry an issue of shares with the purpose of trading these in a regulated securities market, issued by Elana Agricultural Land Opportunity Fund REIT. The issue, whose initial public offering was successfully completed, amounts to 1,996,068 pieces of shares, each having a nominal value of BGN 1.
4. The Commission adopted Practice on the Application of Art. 31, Para. 1, Item 4 of the Insurance Act in connection with Art. 252, Para. 1, Item5 of the Commerce Act.
The above Practice clarifies the procedure for divestment of a licence of an insurance joint-stock company in the presence of inadequacy in the net asset value in relation to the registered capital and inaction by the insurer’s General Meeting of Shareholders. The concept of ‘net asset value’ is clarified, and the possible measures are specified, which may be undertaken by the insurers in order to rectify the discrepancy between the net value and the registered capital.
The said Practice shall be published on the FSC’s website, Documents Section – Instructions and Requirements.
5. The Commission adopted Instructions with regard to the interpretation and application of Art. 5, Para. 3 and Art. 7 of Ordinance No. 19 of the FSC of December 8, 2004 on the terms of establishing pension reserves in the pension insurance companies managing a universal pension fund and/or supplementary voluntary pension insurance fund.
Under the above Instructions, the moment of establishing a pension reserve by the pension insurance company for the respective fund managed by it and paying life pensions is specified.
The said Instructions shall be published on the FSC’s website, Documents Section – Instructions and Requirements.